Friday, March 12, 2010

Here's to NOT looking like an Oompa Loompa

It's been getting warmer around here and I've been pulling out the capris. I got a good look at my legs the other day, and I am SO white! I decided that I needed to get a tan. Instead of actually tanning, and frying my butt off (plus I've had to have a few moles removed...some of them in unmentionable places....sorry bout the TMI!) I decided to just get a spray tan. They are supposed to last 7-10 days, and I figure I can get 2-3 spray tans a month for cheaper than regular tanning, plus I won't get fried!

I dropped the kids off at the neighbors and went to the salon. After getting all of the instructions from the girl, getting my lunchlady hairnet on, I was ready to step in. I pressed the start button, closed my eyes, held out my arms and waited for it to start. When it shot out, it surprised me so gasped and I opened my eyes and got shot right in the eyeball. I happened to have my contacts in so the spray got all over them. When I gasped I inhaled all of the fumes plus a little spray, and pretty much gagged for the rest of the time.


I got dressed and went out to the front was informed that I can't shower for 6-8 hrs, and that the full tan probably won't show up until tomorrow. So I'm sitting here, and I smell (it smells like burnt skin) hoping that I don't look like a little orange dude tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Oompa loompa's are cute! We call Hannah an oompa Loompa. My legs will put the sun out of business! I'm sure I will just get fried!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Hannah is a cute Oompa Loompa! Adults-Not so much!

    ReplyDelete