Wednesday, March 10, 2010

New Year: New Me (Well, An Updated Version)

As I was lurking among blogs yesterday (you know you all do it too!) I decided that I needed an outlet. An outlet where I could get out what I was thinking and feeling. The kids were running wild, and I decided that I needed more to my day than just saying: No, don't do that, don't hit your sister in the face, get down from there, etc. (You get the idea) Since I already have this blog, but have basically been ignoring it for the last 5 months or so, I'm going to put it to use again. There may be days that I update several times a day, or there might be times that I don't write for several weeks. I don't even know if anyone will read what I'm writing, but since I already feel better getting all this out I'm going to keep doing it. I don't even care if strangers comment about stuff, just comment. (Like I did on a strangers blog this morning. I hope she doesn't think I'm too crazy!) When I get ideas in my head, I tend to ramble, but just bear with me. There may be serious posts, and others you might be thinking WTH?!?!? So I'll just apologize now for those times.
I've decided that this year, I am going to devote more time to me. That might sound selfish, but I've pretty much ignored myself, and how I look ever since I had Rylie. As much as I might complain about the kiddos, I want to be around to see them grow up, so that means I've got to get it in gear and get healthy. Since about the beginning of the year, I've lost about 15 lbs. I've got a lot more to go, but it's a start.
I loaded up the kids in the truck and went to the store this morning to buy new makeup. I saw a commercial for a new mascara the other night from Cover Girl. Now I'm not usually one to buy into all of the hype that they have on these commercials, but hey this is a new me, and I need to try new things. I even bought a different color...other than black! So anyway, this new mascara is supposed to make your lashes 80% longer. I didn't really care about the longer lashes part, this was just the only brand that had the color I wanted. (All you Vernalites know how hit and miss the stores are out here) As soon as I got home I went into the bathroom to try out my new purchase (I also got some new eyeliner in the same color) I have to say that it actually looks like my lashes are longer! I'm really liking it so far (for the whole 15 minutes that I've been wearing it)
We're going to be doing crafts tonight at church, and I'm excited. I've still got to take the kids with me because Jarren is doing a side job, but I'm ok with that. I've never really gotten excited about church activities, but I've decided that since people don't always come to me, I've got to get out there and go to them.
Well, that's probably enough for today. If you've read this far, thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Hey I didn't even know that you had a blog! So I added you to my friends list. I love to read blogs so I will check in all the time! My blog address is carrieshawnandboys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Natalie... so you caught up on my fam through my blog, but where in the world are some pictures so that I can see all of you since it has been about 4 years since we have seen you! Glad you found us and hope all is well with your family. Tell Jarren that I can still whoop up on him and just wondering if he has become a better BBQer than when you lived with us? (: (sorry I removed the 1st post, but I spelled Jarren's name wrong and I knew I would get crap for that)

    ReplyDelete