Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to everyone out there! It's been a pretty uneventful day, but it's been nice! We went to church this morning, and have pretty much lounged around all day. Well we went for a walk, (the kids rode their bikes) and we took Jax along. I should say that Jax took me for a walk! He is so strong he just kind of pulled me along. It was kind of nice having him pull me up the hills though!

I got the brilliant idea to remodel my kitchen earlier this week. (I don't think Jarren is too happy with me!) I think everything in my house is covered in a layer of dust! We have one more coat of paint to put on the cabinets themselves and then we'll have to do a varnish. It is a lot more time consuming than I originally thought! So my kitchen is in total chaos, and we have been stuck having to eat out for the majority of our meals. You'd think that I would like not having to cook, but I kind of miss the convenience of it! Hopefully we'll be able to start putting things away in a few days...then it's on to starting on the cabinet doors! Jarren was sweet enough to cook breakfast for dinner tonight. I could hear him up there cussing to himself about not being able to find anything, but it came out alright. (I've taken a lot of pictures, so when we're finally done, I'll post them start to finish!---It may be awhile though!)
This is what the kids and Jarren got me for Mother's day. Are these not just the cutest shoes ever!
Nevermind that when I wear these I'm almost 6' tall! I'm kind of surprised that Jarren got me these shoes because of this reason. His male ego gets crushed if I'm near the same height he is. I should also mention that I will probably hurt myself severely while wearing these, but it'll be so worth it!

Rylie also made a few Mother's Day things at school. She's been waiting on pins and needles since Friday to give it to me. She has such a hard time keeping presents a secret! This is one of the cards she made me. The writing is kind of small so look close, she is so funny!

I love this kid!

Rylie also started T-Ball this week. I think she was excited, but nervous because she didn't know what to expect. She had a practice on Thursday, and as I was doing her hair she says to me, "Oh man, I hope we don't have to wear helments, it will ruin my hair!" --I'm really concerned that she isn't mine! They had their first game on Saturday, and it was so fun to watch!

I had to take a picture of this. Everytime the ball was hit, regardless of where, every single one of the kids ran after it. It kind of reminded me of the fish you feed at the zoo. When you throw a piece of food in the water, 50 fish go after it! There was even some tackling!













































2 comments:

  1. Well at least you are only 16! Jackson made me 50! But I too way 20lbs! Your favorite food is Burger King huh? Well at least you don't sit in front of the TV all day and eat! lol Gotta love him! Those cards are definately keepers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's my all time favorite card that she's made me. I'm not sure why she said Burger King, because we never go there. She has been begging me to go there, so she probably just had it on her mind!

    ReplyDelete