Sunday, May 16, 2010

Thank you....

To the State of Utah. Over the weekend, we had to get our truck inspected in order to get it registered. We knew we needed to get the windshield replaced (gotta love Utah roads in the winter) and made sure we had this done before we took it in for the inspection. We've not had any problems with the truck, so I wasn't worried about having to fix anything..thought we'd pass with flying colors....WE DIDN'T!

Last summer, we had new tires put on the truck. We made sure we got the same size as what was on it before (stock) For one, we didn't want to spend the money on upgrading the size, and second, we would have to get a lift on the truck (more money, plus it would make it just that much harder to get in and out of the truck when I was pregnant...which I'm not...just wanted to throw that out there) and third, it would annihilate our gas mileage (again more money)

We even made sure that it was ok height wise, and wouldn't need to do anything special with it, like get the ever dreaded mud flaps. (Which I think look totally cheesy...unless you actually need them...so you're not spitting rocks at me while I'm driving behind you)

So Jarren calls me from the mechanic shop yesterday and says the truck is too high, and that we needed to, are you ready for it...put the DREADED MUD FLAPS on! My first thought was about how stupid I was going to look driving down the road in my non-jacked up truck, thinking that I needed to have mud flaps. Now, I'm not usually so concerned with appearances, but come on, MUD FLAPS!

I've now spent the last 24 hours driving around town looking at all the trucks, and getting mad at the really jacked up ones (that so obviously need mud flaps and don't have them) that I'm passing, secretly happy that when inspection time comes around for them, they will have to put ugly mud flaps on too.

Now, if you pass me on the road, and see my mud flaps flapping in the wind on my non-jacked up truck-don't judge me. The state made me do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment