Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Old Memories

Sorry this may be TMI for some of you.

I've just been reminiscing about things I use to take for granted before I had kids. For instance, this morning, I had to use the bathroom. The boys were watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, so I got up and left the room. Nevermind that they hadn't talked let alone looked my way for the past 45 minutes, but as soon as I got in the bathroom, WWIII broke out in my family room. One of them all of a sudden needed a drink, one of them fell going up the stairs, they didn't want their sweatshirts on, etc. The way he was going on I thought his leg was broke, turns out it was his little piggy that he hurt. So I had to hurry and finish, and rush out to see what in the world was going on.
After all the crises were fixed, I sat down and started thinking. I don't even remember the last time that I got to go to the bathroom by myself, let alone close the door for a little privacy. It's funny how when things like this come up, the kids (no matter how much they have ignored me all day long) suddenly need something. I a lot has changed since I've had kids, but this one stood out in my mind. You would never think that something as little as going to the bathroom would be such a big deal, but it is to me! If only for a few minutes (I'll even go for seconds here!) of privacy! Ah well, maybe in a few years!

(Just a side note: I love my kids, and would not trade them for anything! Just wanted to mention that!)

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to this post! I sing songs, read books and referee fights all while in the bathroom. Sometimes, when John is home, I can close the door and read a book while taking care of business. When this happens, I find my legs going numb... but the sanity is worth it!

    ReplyDelete