Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lunch Lady Surprise

Kitchen update:

We're into week 4 of the kitchen remodel. (originally this was something that I thought would take only a few days possibly a week....I have no idea what medication I was taking at that time!) We've got the doors all back on, and just have to do a few side pieces of the cabinets to even them out. I can't believe how much work this has been! I'm still getting estimates for countertops, and haven't been able to find one that I just absolutely have to have. I figure there's already a countertop there, it can wait until I find something I love.

I had to take these pictures. While painting the cabinet doors we raised them up on my cans. Needless to say, Jarren got a little carried away with the paint sprayer, and now this is what I'm left with. Dinner should be pretty interesting for the next little while.







Rylie lost her first tooth! This one has been loose for awhile, but we could never get her to work on it and pull it out. She was eating an apple for snack today and got it almost all the way out. She was so nervous to pull it, so enlisted her dad to help her out. I was outside and she came out half crying, half laughing with a piece of gauze in her mouth, mumbling that her tooth had finally come out!
I remember being so worried that she was never going to get teeth when she was little. I was so sure that I would be the one in 1,789,234,367..... cases who's child would not have baby teeth. (Hey she was my first, and you know how crazy first time mom's can be about this kind of stuff...trust me, I'm a lot more lenient with the second) Now, I'm worried about all of the orthodontic bills we are going to have with this one!




2 comments:

  1. wow, already losing teeth! And since you're done with your kitchen you can come over and start on mine....It's in need of a serious overhall! As is my bathroom, laundry room, and hall! Old houses are tons of work! Can't wait to see the finished product post a picture of the new paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie! I am so glad you found my blog and I found yours! You have kids!! Wow! How times flies! So good to see you are happy and well!!

    ReplyDelete